HISTORIAN 4 PHOTO MANAGEMENT AND EDITING SOFTWARE

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ya Mama! That's Right, I said "Ya Mama!"

I was barely eighteen years old in early 1982 when my mom earned a trip for a family of four to the Bahamas with Beeline Fashions.  It was totally awesome!  Rad!  It was at the Freeport Princess (Country Club and Towers) Grand Bahama Island.  Back in 1982, it was THE place to be.  Off the lobby was a nightclub and the music would blast through the hallway and I would walk by and listen in and wish I were old enough to step in through the door.  Keeping me back was a large bouncer type gentleman watching the entryway.  

I heard a song that was new to me. It was the first time I heard anything resembling the new trend of "rap music".  It was outer-space synthesizers and mama jokes, together in one hypnotic song.  

I'm telling you this story because this morning I just found the song online!   It's called Wuf Ticket, "Ya Mama" 12" (Prelude 1982)  

Here's the link to mp3 Ya Mama!

And here is where I found it:  WFMU's Beware of the Blog  Thank you WFMU's Beware of the Blog for sharing that bit of throw-back trip down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment