HISTORIAN 4 PHOTO MANAGEMENT AND EDITING SOFTWARE

Thursday, May 10, 2012

DYI Make-up kit box with mirror

My family was recently involved in a community theater event.  My make up was in a cardboard box.  Some people had some nice make-up storage devices!  I felt a little inferior.  I then went to Target to see what they had.  Caboodle seemed overpriced for a little doohicky thing and it didn't even have a mirror! 


So I purchased a mirror and some contact paper and went home and got to work.  I had a stack-em tackle box tucked away not being used, I was all set!


The contact paper says it doesn't stick very good to bumpy surfaces, so I used a little extra strength glue stick to help it along.


I started covering the inside and decided to stop after getting just the bottom covered and a little accent.


Looks cute!  I then hot-glued the mirror on to the inside lid.




Now it's time to fill it!



A note:  I showed this to my 13 year old son and he grabbed the mirror and ripped it off.  So, I'm thinking a stronger glue might be in order.  Or...never let him touch my stuff again!

Update:  Two strips of sticky velcro works much better than hot glue.  Mirror is removable and then stores nicely inside the lid.  This converted tackle box holds all my make-up supplies!  

1 comment: